Re: [gtk-list] Re: Windows NT port of GTK+

Matt Kimball wrote:

> This is pretty much how I feel as well.  I just wondered if others
> felt differently.  (In my experience, the Microsoft tools *are* easier
> to use when developing for Win32.  But freedom gained by using GPLed
> tools outweigh any ease of development gained by using VC++).

I don't think the ease of use of MS tools for developing for Win32 will factor
in here.
The dialog builder will be useless (that's one of those things that I think GTK
needs, too, but don't want to do personally), and the directory structure VC
will try to force you to use will break the GTK distributions unless you have a
script to do some really weird stuff.

If I were going to do VC5, which doesn't look like an option anymore, anyway, I
would personally want to use the command-line/nmake way.  I'm one of those sick
people who has three different versions of vi compiled for Windows.

-Jay 'Eraserhead' Felice
jasonf@baldwingroup.com