Re: [gtk-list] Installation Phun

Jason F. wrote:

> I installed GTK under /usr/local/gtk+-0.99.8/ while GIMP is in
> /usr/gimp-0.99.23/. To get GTK running, I did a ./configure, a make and
> a make install. Everything seemed to work OK. When I tried to do a
> ./configure on GIMP, it told me that I didn't have GTK installed. Did I
> miss a step somewhere? Any help you might have would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Jason

I had to edit /etc/ld.so.conf and put in /usr/local/lib, then re-run
ldconfig.  Also, my system is redhat 5 and i had to remove the old gtk version
that was installed with redhat 5, i just deleted all the *gtk*, *gdk* and
*glib* from /usr/lib. This worked. Suppose another way would be to rpm --erase
gtk or something similar, would probably do a cleaner job.

Warwick Mitchell