Re: [gtk-list] Re: 0.99.9 problems on Solaris.

On 30 Mar 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > * Oh, and once X krashed (!) when I exited the shapes test. I couldn't
> >   reproduce that though so hopefully it was a solar spot or something.
>
> The X server crashed? (?!?!)
>
> That wouldn't really be our bug ;-), but if you can figure out how
> to reproduce it, perhaps it could be worked around.

i think this has to do with the Xserver grab, i can quite relyably get the
Xserver to crash with halting testgtk during a server grab (via breakpoints),
switching consoles and kill -9 testgtk. sometimes the Xserver survives dieing
children that have a server grab, but it never survived if the current
pointer grab overrode another server grab. this is with XFree86 Version 3.3
(protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6300) compiled for Linux
2.0.30 running on a 2.0.33 kernel.

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

---