Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK_ImLib and resizing of images

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Tim Janik wrote:

> > with ImLib it is possible to resize the rendered pixmap when using
> > the X library.  If the GTK library is used only enlarging is possible
> > but no shrinking.  GDK refuses to move the mouse when trying to
> > go inside the boundaries of the original image.  To verify this
> > behaviour check the two first examples from the HTML tutorial of
> > ImLib (X version versus GTK version).
> >
> > When I asked the author he told me, that this is a Problem of GTK.
> > Is there any clue to get the behaviour of the X version of ImLib?
>
> if i uderstand your problem correctly, allow_shrink from
>
> void  gtk_window_set_policy           (GtkWindow           *window,
>                                        gint                 allow_shrink,
>                                        gint                 allow_grow,
>                                        gint                 auto_shrink);
> is what you are looking for.
To be more detailed I use only GDK, but not GTK in the program in question
(as well as the ImLib example).  I tried
    gdk_window_resize(mywindow, 1000, 1000)
and later
    gdk_window_resize(mywindow, 100, 100)
but mywindow got its original size (pixmap of 640x480).  So there must be
any flag which forbides shrinking also in GDK but a grep allow_shrink in
the GDK sources failed.

Remark: I've started using GTK+ and at first I want to use the GDK stuff
        because I'm porting a complete command-line driven program without
        any menus and such stuff, so there is no need for GTK in this time.
        Maybe I will add such functionality later.

Regards

          Andreas.