Re: [gtk-list] GTK_ImLib and resizing of images

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> with ImLib it is possible to resize the rendered pixmap when using
> the X library.  If the GTK library is used only enlarging is possible
> but no shrinking.  GDK refuses to move the mouse when trying to
> go inside the boundaries of the original image.  To verify this
> behaviour check the two first examples from the HTML tutorial of
> ImLib (X version versus GTK version).
>
> When I asked the author he told me, that this is a Problem of GTK.
> Is there any clue to get the behaviour of the X version of ImLib?

if i uderstand your problem correctly, allow_shrink from

void       gtk_window_set_policy               (GtkWindow           *window,
                                                gint                 allow_shrink,
                                                gint                 allow_grow,
                                                gint                 auto_shrink);
is what you are looking for.