RE: [gtk-list] how to get notification of change in entry???

On 03-Mar-98 Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which signal is to be used to get notified, when the contents of a
> GtkEntry is changed. there doesn't seem to be a state_changed any
> more
> (is it?), which I used until now. I tried key_press_event, but that
> doesn't give me the right entry yet (the entry is obviously changed
> after the call to my handler). What can I do. As I'm using gtk--, I
> cant
> call something like ...connect_after...

To quote:

If we want to catch when the user has entered text, we can connect
to the activate or changed signal. Activate is raised when the user
hits the enter key within the Entry widget. Changed is raised when the
text changes at all, e.g. for every character entered or removed.

--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
        The Arkansas legislature passed a law that states that the

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.