Re: [gtk-list] Re: Interface declarations

On 16 Jun 1998, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Before this gets out of hand and I'd like to suggest to first come up
> with a robust and extensible syntax, like the GCC __attribute__
> mechanism.  Of course, I'm thinking primarily about LISP here:

Yes, much better, as long as folks are comfortable with LISP.

> My original plan was of course that it comes *from* the .defs file.
> But I now see the adavantages of maintaining that information in the C
> sources itself.  People will be more aware of it and are more likely
> to keep it correct.  Hmm...

And it can still be ripped out _to_ the .defs file, providing all of the
information in one convenient place.

Next trick: figure out how to compile the widget interface information
into the widget, so it can provide the information via a C interface.

Next trick+1: component based GUI widget builder that accepts plug-in
widgets via dynamic linking. :-)