gtk_tree question

Er, who exactly do these work ? From the source of GTK and the source of
testgtk, I have worked out how to create one (this is really something for
the tutorial), but how do the callbacks to one work ?

 I added a "selection_changed" callback to the tree, just like is done in
testgtk, but I don't see the point. How do I tell, from the tree widget,
what has been selected (that's all that is passed to the selection_changed
signal handler. All I want is some static code, that makes a tree, with one
top node, a few second and third level nodes, and a call back that tells me
what one is selected, with all the bits for making the tree change shape as
you click around it.

 Oh, and are these functions I'm trying to write signal handles, or
callbacks ?

 If I get decent answers, I'll write a page on these for the tutorial,
honest!

Kate

--
 "I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
    We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

John "Kate" Looney, Horizon Open Systems. Sun Microsystems distributor and
Support centre. Hotline: [+353 1 8055700] Web http://www.hos.horizon.ie/