is there something in development for gui-customizers/property-editors ?

Hi,

I like GTK, especially because of its flexibility.

 * very good resizing, widget-packing for layouting "abstract" guis

 * and the possibility to customize the gui, the way i like it (styles,
rc's)

These two very important aspects i only know from the good old
amiga-MUI.

And here is my question:

Is there something planed for the widget as a special event to call a
graphical composition-widget to embed in a gui-customizer-tool.
I have some tools that don't look for rc's. But this is very important,
because this would give us all the greatest flexibility, especially when
themes are ready.

So here is my idea: you call the config-tool, or call it out of EVERY
GtkTool

then it pops up with
 ________________ ______________________________
|  GtkButton     |                              |
|  GtkCList      |  "the widgets configuration" |
|   ....         |                              |
| (a list of all |                              |
| available      |                              |
| widgets)       |                              |
|________________|______________________________|

the config can be saved as

- global for the general.rc file
- local for the tool, you called from this config-tool.

and a last wish/idea:

- a global call for reStyle all widgets in runtime for gtkApplications
:)

perhaps, this idea is old, so sorry.

--
so long,