Re: [gtk-list] Re: A bug in GtkCombo, and a moan about it!

At the weekend I wrote:
> > The bug may be really a bug in GtkList: When the button on the
> > combo-box is pressed, a list of options appears. However, when you click
> > on one of the options, your keypress doesn't get "eaten" by the list, and
> > whatever happened to be "under" the list also gets the click!

Owen replied:
> Key press or button press? In any case, I can't seem to reproduce
> this with testgtk - do you have an example or step-by-step recipe
> for this?

It looks like I'm wrong - at least in part.
I can't reproduce the effect myself :-) with a GTK demo. However, I maintain
that if the item underneath the combo's list is FVWM's "desktop" gadget,
it definately sees the mouse.

I wonder if the "desktop" gadget is sensitive to (say) "mouse button pressed"
rather than "clicked", and that what is happening is that when the combo's
list disappears from above when an item is selected, it leaves the mouse (with
button 1 still pressed) pointing to the "desktop" gadget, and that that's
enough?

You don't get this effect if (say) you let the combo's list overlap
AfterStep's "wharf".

So, sorry about the false alarm folks....

--

Steve                                       | Steve's law of House Rewiring:
S.Hosgood@swansea.ac.uk                     | "No matter how many power sockets