Re: [gtk-list] Re: Proposal: ( was Re: spinbuttons more flexible look-wise? )

Kenneth Albanowski wrote:
> > So what I thought was: why not rewrite GtkSpinbutton so that it is just
> > a special case of a more generic widget.....
>
> Just one point: some GUIs use a diagonally-split spinner, something
> (vaguely) like this:
>

> 	   +--------------+
> 	   +  /|\        /+
> 	   + / | \     /  +
> 	   +   |     /    +
> 	   +       /      +
> 	   +     /    |   +
> 	   +   /    \ | / +
> 	   + /       \|/  +
>

> That isn't feasible with Gtk's packing (as the components aren't
> rectangular.) You really need a single widget.

My proposal wouldn't easily cover this one, but then again, I didn't
really intend it to. I suppose a given toolkit is designed to produce
GUIs that fit its own concept of "style" and the concept of a diagonal
split as you show just doesn't belong in GTK's "style".

--

Steve                                       | Steve's law of House Rewiring:
S.Hosgood@swansea.ac.uk                     | "No matter how many power sockets