Can I have any color as long as it's gray ?

Hi,

I would like to change the background color and the color of the text in a
label widget from within my application. I have a set of labels which
indicate if some bit is set or not. If the bit is set I want to change the
background color from gray to e.g. red; and back again when the bit is
cleared. Can someone tell me how to do it ?  I can't figure it out.

Ulf

--
  Ulf Griesmann                       \\\   tel(work): 301-975-4929
  National Institute of                \\\   tel(home): 301-330-4866