Re: [gtk-list] Re: Modifying the size of GtkWidget *Text

LEFEBVRE Cedric wrote:

> > gtk_widget_set_usize(Text, 100, 100);
> >
> > See the '4. Packing Widgets' section of the gtk+ tutorial.
>
> It works for the height but not for the width.
> I use a table to pack the text entry in.
> Is the problem there ?

Even if you specify the size with gtk_widget_set_usize, the widget will
expand to take all the space of the table cell (or cells) it is placed
in. If the table cell is bigger than your requested size and if you have
used "gtk_table_attach_defaults", than the widget will try to
fill|expand the table cell. Try to use "gtk_table_attach" and to play
with the xoptions and yoptions.

The widgets from other table cells can also force the table to grow a
certain dimension ! Look at the rest of the widgets too.

Ionutz