Re: [gtk-list] Re: glibconfig.h Not found

//I feel it, whuen writing I was confuse. The file is in:
//
///usr/local/lib/glib/include/glibcomfig.h
//
//You have another solution?

Well, as someone else said just before/after I spoke, use the program
gtk-config. When compiling a gtk program, you'd say something like this:

gcc -c my-file.c -o my-file.o `gtk-config --cflags`

Please note: Those quotes are backwards (`) not forwards (').

That should make gcc find all the include files it needs. Even glibconfig.h.
For linking, you should use gtk-config --libs, in a similar construction.

If that command line still doesn't work, just try running gtk-config --cflags,
and look at the output of that. It should produce something along the lines of
(assuming your gtk is installed under /usr/local, and X is under /usr/X11R6):

-I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

For portability you should not hardcode these things in your makefile, however,
since for other people gtk might be somewhere else, or X might be somewhere
else. Just use gtk-config.

//Thanks.

Good luck!

Johannes.
--
It's a good thing money can't buy happiness. We couldn't stand the commercials.

Bibliovorous chocophiliac.