Re: [gtk-list] CORBA (was: Re: New key-binding system)

At 10:34 AM 7/10/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Russ Nelson writes:
>> CORBA.  It's the only way.
>>

>The only way to get a simple "hello world" program to need 4Mb to run.
>
>CORBA: nice idea, but does the acronym stand for:
>   "Consistently Outputs Ridiculously Bloated Applications"? :-)

Of course, one must bare in mind that the purpose of CORBA is
not "Hello world" applications. CORBA apps are fully object-
oriented things, and as such carry a lot of code with them. You can
strip off some of the apis that you won't be using but you carry the
risk of stripping off some functionality.

I was an engineer at Visigenic for two years.

-Tim