GTK_TEXT proposals, MDI, and project announce

Hi

There were a couple posts earlier about special text widgets to cope
with html and rtf?
would it be feasable/useful to make just one text widget with its own
format, then write a series of translation functions? This way we could
avoid having a long long long list of different text widgets, and the
complication of changing each with different formatting stuff? (color,
font, alignment?) would this be relatively easy to insert and get_chars
with ascii format? just a thought :)

Also, with the text widget, it'd be nice to have a way to set a text
widget so instead of word wrapping, it'd automatically spawn a
horizontal slider? (vertical for more lines that text widget?) is that
something being worked on? (something desired?)

One last thing, is anyone looking at MDI (multiple document
interface)? that's the one advantage I've seen to m$winblows, seems to
be handy in things like borlands c++ IDE, m$ word, and mIRC... :)

Oh, yeah, my project, 'bide' it's an IDE (cforge is too large scale for
me), http://shells.clipboard.com/~br0ke/bide

    -Erik