Re: [gtk-list] GTK_TEXT proposals, MDI, and project announce

Erik> One last thing, is anyone looking at MDI (multiple document
Erik> interface)? that's the one advantage I've seen to m$winblows,
Erik> seems to be handy in things like borlands c++ IDE, m$ word, and
Erik> mIRC... :)

There is an MDI widget in Gnome.

It doesn't work exactly like the MDI in Windows, but it could (that
is, I believe the API is abstract enough that it could be supported
with changing the applications).

There is much disagreement as to whether the Windows-style MDI is
actually a good thing.  Many believe it is horrible.  The Gnome UI is
an alternate interface that people apparently find more palatable.

Tom