Re: [gtk-list] Re: [patch] gtkviewport design bug.

Tim Janik <Tim.Janik@Hamburg.Netsurf.DE> writes:

> On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Jay Painter wrote:
>
> > I wasn't able to find your patch, so I don't know exactly what it does,
> > but I came up with probably one of the shortest solutions to this problem,
> > and it seems to be pretty bullet-proof.

[ ... ]

> > This is a good technique to keep in mind if you are composing a new widget
> > with multiple windows of it's own, and you want to put widgets into those
> > windows which are not widget->window.
>
> hm,. what is about NO_WINDOW widgets?

True. This only works if you know that your children have windows.
The complete code for reparenting other widgets is in
gtk_widget_reparent, but duplicating it is ugly.

Also, thinking about reparenting, the existing Viewport won't
reparent properly because widget->window doesn't contain the
widgets other windows. Finally a _good_ reason for making
Patrice's change! :-)

With that in mind, I implemented it properly. I'll describe
what I did separately.

Regards,
                                        Owen