[gtk-list] Bug in GtkViewport and GtkPaned (was: [gtk-list] Re: [patch] gtkviewport design bug.)

> Also, thinking about reparenting, the existing Viewport won't
> reparent properly because widget->window doesn't contain the
> widgets other windows. Finally a _good_ reason for making
> Patrice's change! :-)

Yep, I found that a couple of days ago but I didn't have time
to write a message on it.

You have quite the same problem with the GtkPaned widget:
It's a NO_WINDOW widget but it has a realize function which
creates a window (for the "grip"), and of course, this window
is not the widget->window.
I didn't try it but I guess that a reparent of the gtkpaned
widget will work properly except for the grip, which will be
drawn on the old window.

The solution IMHO is that the paned widget should not be a
NO_WINDOW widget (ie: it should have a widget->window).

Patrice.