Re: [gtk-list] Re: gimp and gtk+ rpm's

On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 11:22:17PM -0500, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> However, that's hacky.  My current (conservative) way of handling this is
> to not release any more gtk/gimp rpms until 1.0 comes out; hopefully the
> version numbering will be set in stone after that.  In the meantime,

However, the current situation is that the redhat ftp site will update
gimp rpm's but not gtk+ rpm's.  This is unfortunate, because the gimp is
so darn handy, and so is gtk+, and they do change noticeably between
patchlevels.

I presume that the problem with gtk+ not being updated is because of the
program that keeps the /pub/incoming directory tidy.

So my request still stands:  Can I get the current gtk+-971201 rpm's
removed so that newer gtk+ rpm's can be uploaded?  I believe that at least
until 1.0 the gtk+ version number scheme is in a fixed form, and it seems
that when 1.0 comes out, it shouldn't break anything.

Thank you,

-Peter