Re: gimp and gtk+ rpm's

Ben Gertzfield writes:
>Isn't there a way to do this with RPMs?

Yes.  Serial numbers.

However, that's hacky.  My current (conservative) way of handling this is
to not release any more gtk/gimp rpms until 1.0 comes out; hopefully the
version numbering will be set in stone after that.  In the meantime,
people can use --force if they are playing with beta software, I guess.
I'd like to avoid serial numbers if I possibly can; they (like their
equivalent epochs) are a hack that manifest stupidity in version
numbering.:-P

michaelkjohnson