Re: [gtk-list] Re: gimp and gtk+ rpm's

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Peter Norton wrote:

:On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 11:22:17PM -0500, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
:> However, that's hacky.  My current (conservative) way of handling this is
:> to not release any more gtk/gimp rpms until 1.0 comes out; hopefully the
:> version numbering will be set in stone after that.  In the meantime,
:
:However, the current situation is that the redhat ftp site will update
:gimp rpm's but not gtk+ rpm's.  This is unfortunate, because the gimp is
:so darn handy, and so is gtk+, and they do change noticeably between
:patchlevels.
:
:I presume that the problem with gtk+ not being updated is because of the
:program that keeps the /pub/incoming directory tidy.
:
:So my request still stands:  Can I get the current gtk+-971201 rpm's
:removed so that newer gtk+ rpm's can be uploaded?  I believe that at least
:until 1.0 the gtk+ version number scheme is in a fixed form, and it seems
:that when 1.0 comes out, it shouldn't break anything.
:

I've removed the rpm's that came with RedHat 5 and replaced the package
with version 0.99.2 and haven't had any problems yet.  Someone from RedHat
who's more familiar with the gtk applications might be able to comment
further on possible incompatibilites.

Be warned however, I don't use anything but usernet and the gimp at this
point so I might not see problems. :)

--Chris

Christopher Blizzard
AppliedTheory Communications, Inc.