Re: [gtk-list] can anyone help me with XSetTransientForHint()

I think what you are looking for is probably to create the window using
GDK_WINDOW_DIALOG instead of GDK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL.

If you really must call it yourself:

display = GDK_WINDOW_XDISPLAY (gdkwindow);
w = GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW (gdkwindow);

These are in gdk/gdkx.h.

-Shawn