How to invoke Xclient?

Hello

I am trying to launch a Xclient program from the menu item of my program but
failing. The statement has the following shape.

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(menuitem),"activate",(GtkSignalFunc)system,(gpointer)"kterm &");

It can be compiled. But when I select the item and release it I get a message
on my terminal saying that "sh::command not found"

Is there any way in gtk+ to launch a Xclient program? Am I missing something
in my code?

Could anyone please help me in this regard.

Regards,

--Takdir