Window Management with GDK/GTK ?
- From: David Young <dyoung pobox com>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: Window Management with GDK/GTK ?
- Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:15:09 -0500
I'm going to write a window manager. I'd prefer using GDK/GTK to
using Xlib. A few questions:
1) Do present incarnations of GDK/GTK pass events pertaining to
window reparenting, etc., that a window manager needs to handle?
Or do I have to use Xlib for that purpose?
2) If GDK/GTK don't handle those events, is it very straightforward
to add those events? Where do I begin?
3) The TexInfo GTK documentation appears to be pretty complete.
However, none of the GDK documentation that I've seen is complete.
Is anybody working on it? I'd like to contribute to the documentation
as I figure things out from the source / header files.
Cuteness is not a functional property, of course; I can imagine
somebody who wasn't actually cute at all but who nevertheless
functioned exactly as if cute---trust me. --Daniel Dennett
] [Thread Prev