Re: [gtk-list] Re: DOCUMENTATION (yes, this is shouted)

>  The interface that I'm writing requires an icon view of a container.
>  Something reasonably simple.  However, for the life of me, I cannot figure
>  out how to do it.  For this reason, I was interested in using a
>  GtkDrawingArea.  But the documentation for THAT stops at how to create
>  one.  What do I do after it's created?!  What kind of events can I expect
>  from a drawing area?  Etc.

I am not sure if this is what you want, but if you want an icon list
widget, you can use the GnomeIconList.

>  I'm still going to play with it, of course.  :-)  If I can use GTK for
>  this purpose, then great -- it'll shave that much off my development time.
>  But otherwise, I may just have to use GTK to create the window, and use
>  Xlib for most everything else.  :(

If you want to do semi-complex drawing and you don't want to define a
new widget, you can use the GnomeCanvas -- it is basically a port of
Tk's canvas widget, with some added niceties like hierarchical groups
of objects and zooming.

  Federico