Re: [gtk-list] Re: DOCUMENTATION (yes, this is shouted)

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> If you want to do semi-complex drawing and you don't want to define a
> new widget, you can use the GnomeCanvas -- it is basically a port of
> Tk's canvas widget, with some added niceties like hierarchical groups
> of objects and zooming.

This, then, is most definately NOT the widget I need to use.  I have no
such need for that kind of high-level display.  That'd be PERFECT for a
hand-drawn notebook type program (such as those I often see on palm-top
computers), but not for my needs.

What I'm looking to implement is a file selector, a la Windows, AmigaOS,
MacOS, etc. with all the file icons inside it.  Icons can be any arbitrary
rectangle (that is, they're NOT fixed to just 32x32 or 64x64).  etc, and
could have alternate "selected" and "non-selected" images.  They must also
be drag/n/droppable within the window and with other windows of the same
class.

What is this XDND protocol I keep hearing about, and where can I get
information on how to use it?

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net