Re: Garbage Collection and other things (belated)

Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>So do you think GC'ing would GTK be good or not ? :-)
Yes. Absolutely.
But it seems that this is just part of something much much bigger.
Something that goes far beyond any specific issues arising from my
Modula-3 bindings.
To be fair, as a Modula-3 programmer, it's probably easier for me to use
and extend the m3 window toolkit (except that it still lives in X11R4's
era). The widgets are there, layout management is wonderful, and it's
all garbage-collected. But I don't want to have yet another toolkit, and
use it because I choose not to code in C (even worse, I'm one of the
very few guys that code in m3). I want *one* toolkit, the one that
people will use. THE toolkit. GTK, hopefully. I want compatibility,
consistency. From any language.
If that needs a foundation yet to be done, let's go for it first.
Did the KDE guys already think about this, or they just came out with
their (IMHO) silly GUI and filesystem standards and forgot about
everything but C++?
-Daniel
ps: what does 'belated' mean?