Re: Garbage Collection and other things (belated)

Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>Integrating the Boehm GC in GTK is definitely something worth
>considering (at the very least),
If GTK gets a real garbage collector, that is good. But I don't believe
a garbage collector should be part of a graphics library that pretends
to be small and portable.
Since I'm trying to find out how to solve the interaction between GTK's
sort-of-GC and Modula-3's real-GC, I'd like that this 'integration' was
done *on top* of GTK, so when non-C-languages are around one can choose
how to manage memory: if I have a native GC that is tracking my m3
objects, it would be nice if it could track GTK's objects as well.
I guess the same issue will come up if (when!) I try to write the Ada
bindings. Then there's Eiffel, which has got a garbage collector, too.
-Daniel