Re: [gtk-list] setting fixed font for text widget.

Rick Forrester wrote:

> For a simple multiline text display I need to set the font to a fixed
> one to keep the screen from becoming misaligned.  Have been unable to
> find how to specify the font to a text widget.  Know how to set it for
> the widget, once I can specify it.
>
> Would be very pleased with an "RTFM" if someone can point to "TFM"!
> 8^)  Can't find any docs on gdk & no comments in the gdk headers that
> do this.  Haven't found any fixed font setting references in testgtk,
> either.

Don't you set a "fixed" font with the font definition string itself?

 -adobe-helvetica-*-*-normal-*-*-20-*-*-*-*-*-*
                                 ^^

Is the defintion of the adobe helvetica font at 20 points exclusively.

IF you specify this way, shouldn't that accomplish what you're asking?