gtk_combo_box()

(this may have already gotten through -- I sent it from an unsubscribed
address, and the server bounced it, but didn't make it clear if it went
through anyway or not)

I've been tinkering with GTK for a week or so now, so forgive me if what I
say sounds absurd.

I noticed that the gtk combobox is somewhat misleading.  From what I can
tell, it doesn't seem to allow input (correct me if I'm wrong).  I think
that this can easily be fixed (take off the event handler for the activate
event, replace it with a new handler that adds the content of the GtkEntry
widget into the glist), but also that the current combo box could still be
useful.

I can't actually find it being used in a non-example application (I didn't
look hard, I basicly just grepped the source tree for The Gimp), which
means it'd be fairly simple to just rename it to something along the lines
of gtk_drop_list or somesuch, which would be much more appropriate.

OTOH, it'd also be fairly simple to have most of the existing code be
re-used in both a dropdown list and a real combo box.

Just some thoughts.  Comments?

 -- Peter

"Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself."
		-- Nietzsche