Re: gtk_combo_box()

Peter writes:
>I've been tinkering with GTK for a week or so now, so forgive me if what I
>say sounds absurd.
>
>I noticed that the gtk combobox is somewhat misleading.  From what I can
>tell, it doesn't seem to allow input (correct me if I'm wrong).

You are wrong.  It accepts input just fine.  That entry-widget-like
thing that is part of the combo box doesn't just emulate an entry
widget, it *is* an entry widget.  combo-box has-a entry-widget.

>I can't actually find it being used in a non-example application

Try gnome.  www.gnome.org

As an example, I just tested and made sure that it works in the
gnome linuxconf front end.  You should be able to grep through
the gnome sources for plenty of other examples, beyond what is
in testgtk (and, last I tried, worked correctly, including
accepting input).

So I'm not sure what gave you the impression that it doesn't work;
I haven't seen it not work...

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/