Re: Check Box Patch

Warwick Mitchell <wrangle@ircnet.com.au> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> Hi,
>
> I had a problem with the checkbox where users were winging that it was
> hard to see sometimes when the check box was pushed in or not. So i
> changed the color in the style to red so it was easier to see when
> depressed. This was quite simple, however, when the mouse was moved over
> the top the whole thing went the the prelight color, even the depressed
> button. I have enclosed a patch that sets the depressed button to the
> color stored in the selected state of bg when the mouse is over the
> widget. Not sure if it will want to be used or not. It is applied to
> 0.99.10.

Sounds like a nice visual touch. I'm not sure it will be in the
next release, but I'll definitely try it out.

> Also, just resubmitting a question I asked the other day but received no
> response to yet. It has to do with the tooltips widget. I've got a
> tooltip associated with a progress bar, but when the progress bar
> updates (which in my program is once a second), it draws over the
> tooltip. I was wondering if there was a way to force the redraw of the
> tooltip or to prevent the progres bar from overwriting the tooltip in
> the first place.

Assuming that what you mean is that when the progress bar updates,
the tooltip disappears, its been tracked down and fixed now,
thanks to your report. (The tooltips code was hiding the tooltips
on every event, including Expose events)

Regards,
                                        Owen