Re: [WM] docking Gimp?

Oliver Graf <ograf@fga.de> writes:

> To gtk-developers: is there anything like a main window in gtk+? If yes, this
> window *must* be the real leader of the app. Are there any functions to
> create/set such a leader? I will search for them on my own, but perhaps
> someone can reduce the work I have to do (there are other things to do --
> XEmacs).

There is no concept of main window in GTK+.

The leader for a window in GDK can be set with:

void	      gdk_window_set_group	 (GdkWindow	  *window,
					  GdkWindow	  *leader);

To do this for a GTK window, you would, after show()'ing the window
so that it is realized, do:

 gdk_window_set_group (window->window, leader_window->window);

(A GTK for this interface may possibly be added in the future.)

Regards,
                                        Owen