Re: [WM] docking Gimp?

Sebastian Kaps <toyland@sauerland.de> writes:

>  tip_of_the_day.Gimp = {NoTitlebar = Yes;NoResizebar = Yes;NotMiniaturizable = Yes;};
>  gimp_startup.Gimp = {NoTitlebar = Yes;NoResizebar = Yes;NotMiniaturizable = Yes;};
>  image_window.Gimp = {Icon = "gimp-paint.tif";NoAppIcon = Yes;};
>  toolbox.Gimp = {
>     Icon = Gimp.tif;
>     NoResizebar = Yes;
>     NotClosable = Yes;
>     KeepOnTop = Yes;
>     KeepInsideScreen = Yes;};

Perhaps I should answer, because I changed the gtk+ WM_CLASS handling:

The leader window of a gtk+ window is invisible. For gimp it has the
instance.class of 'gimp.Gimp'. If you use this, the appicon will be correctly
changed.

But it's a problem. You can't change the global settings of gtk app which has
other class settings in it's leader (invisible, unchangeable through WM) and
it's real main window (the toolbox for gimp).

I will try to change this in gtk, but I think that it will require a interface
change (perhaps -- let me first check it).

To gtk-developers: is there anything like a main window in gtk+? If yes, this
window *must* be the real leader of the app. Are there any functions to
create/set such a leader? I will search for them on my own, but perhaps
someone can reduce the work I have to do (there are other things to do --
XEmacs).

Regards,
  Oliver.