Re: [gtk-list] Re: Multiple Display support in GTK+?

Michael Poole wrote:

> Nathan Froyd <maestrox@geocities.com> writes:
>
> > Are there any plans to some integrate multi-headed display support into
> > GTK+? Or am I just stupid and it's already there? (quite possibly the
> > latter ;)
>
>         Out of curiosity, how would this work?  It seems to me that
> GTK+, being (entirely?) a widget toolkit, is a layer of abstraction
> above running on multiple devices.  Supporting independent displays
> on multiple devices, or one display spanning several devices, is a
> lot more of a device-driver issue than a widget-level issue.
>
>         Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "multi-headed
> display support"?

"Multi-headed" means two video cards, two monitors, etc.

This is an OS configuration issue, as GTK is using the window manager
software of the OS.  If the window manager is configured to run
multi-headed, GTK should be able to take advantage of that.

IMHO as a 10-year field engineer/sr. field engineer specializing in
graphics-intensive computer aided design systems with multi-headedness
as a forte.  ;)