RE: [gtk-list] Re: gimp 0.99.23 and gtk 0.99.9

On 04-Apr-98 Jim Falconer wrote:
> Tony Gale,
>
> I had this same problem when I first installed the same versions of
> gimp
> and gtk, and what finally fixed it was putting the gtk libs
> directory in
> my /etc/ld.so.conf file and/or setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> environment
> variable to that directory, which in my case was /usr/local/lib.
> There
> is also a GTK_CONFIG environment var that may need to be set.  READ
> ABOUT THIS AND MORE IN DETAIL IN THE 'INSTALL' FILE DISTRIBUTED
> WITH
> GIMP.  You may also need to rerun ldconfig.

Just for the record, it wasn't me who was having the problem, all my
GTK/GIMP installations work perfectly :-)

Tony
--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
Life -- Love It or Leave It.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.