Re: [gtk-list] Re: gimp 0.99.23 and gtk 0.99.9

Tony Gale wrote:

> On 03-Apr-98 John Davis wrote:
> > I have removed all instances everywhere of old versions of gtk and
> > gdk.
> > there is no rpm installed version to remove either.  Yet, the
> > configure
> > script still fails to find a version greater the 0.99.7.  any other
> > ideas?
>
> What does 'gtk-config --version' respond with?
>
> --
> E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
> Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.
>                 -- Dwight Eisenhower
>
> The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
> and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
> any other person or official body.
>
> --

Tony Gale,

I had this same problem when I first installed the same versions of gimp
and gtk, and what finally fixed it was putting the gtk libs directory in
my /etc/ld.so.conf file and/or setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable to that directory, which in my case was /usr/local/lib.  There
is also a GTK_CONFIG environment var that may need to be set.  READ
ABOUT THIS AND MORE IN DETAIL IN THE 'INSTALL' FILE DISTRIBUTED WITH
GIMP.  You may also need to rerun ldconfig.

Good luck,

Jim