ANNOUNCE: gcalendar / gtkcalendar

gcalendar 0.5.0 is now available at:

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/users/amundson/gcalendar-0.5.0.tar.gz

gcalendar is the testbed for the gtkcalendar widget written
by myself and Cesar Miquel.  gtkcalendar is included in this
distribution as well as in gnome-libs (look for it in the
current CVS of gnome).  It is very likely gtkcalendar will be
in GTK+ 1.1 and later.

gcalendar is not a complex program.  In fact, all it does
is show you the gtkcalendar widget.  So why release it?
I have released it because the widget is generally useful,
and there has been at least a minimal interest in such a
widget.  Patches will be accepted and considered. ;-)

We are not finished with the widget, but it does satisfy
the minimum requirements and is generally usable.

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking