Re: [gtk-list] Re: [gimp-devel] CVS, Is it broken? (fwd)

> On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Maddog(tm) Abel wrote:
>
> > Yeap.... I tried "cvs login" several days ago and failed... said that
> > anonymous user doesn't exist. Any problem out there?
>
> anonymous access has been disabled.  This is due to the CVS server having
> used 33% of its T1's bandwidth (it is not a dedicated T1 either :). I'm
> guessing this is probably caused by:
>
> 	- People who don't use -z9 on their connections.
> 	- People who continually checkout things instead of
> 	  just updating.
>
> Until we have some good way of making sure that people do things right,
> no anonCVS, I guess.

May I suggest the following link:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook240.html#508

CVSup was conceived to reduce the load on the FreeBSD source
servers (if I remember correctly)

Regards,
Marc.
Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl