Re: [gimp-devel] CVS, Is it broken? (fwd)

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Maddog(tm) Abel wrote:

> Yeap.... I tried "cvs login" several days ago and failed... said that
> anonymous user doesn't exist. Any problem out there?

anonymous access has been disabled.  This is due to the CVS server having
used 33% of its T1's bandwidth (it is not a dedicated T1 either :). I'm
guessing this is probably caused by:

	- People who don't use -z9 on their connections.
	- People who continually checkout things instead of
	  just updating.

Until we have some good way of making sure that people do things right,
no anonCVS, I guess.

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
My trademark on the function 'main' is now being enforced; please fax a
ten dollar bill to me for this month's license fee.