Re: [gtk-list] gtk compile problem

>  gcc -shared -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgdk.so.1 -o _libs/libgdk.so.1.0.0 gdk.lo
>  gdkcolor.lo gdkcursor.lo gdkdraw.lo gdkfont.lo gdkgc.lo gdkglobals.lo
>  gdkimage.lo gdkinput.lo gdkpixmap.lo gdkproperty.lo gdkrectangle.lo
>  gdkselection.lo gdkvisual.lo gdkwindow.lo gdkxid.lo gxid_lib.lo -lglib
>  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11
>  ld: cannot open -lglib: No such file or directory
>  make[2]: *** [libgdk.la] Error 1

gtk+971025 has a bug in the configuration files which makes you need
to have installed Glib before compiling the Gdk/Gtk parts.  The
workaround is to go to the gtk+971025/glib directory, make install
there, and then go up one directory and make again.

I'm sorry about this problem; I don't know why the config files
screwed up when I put up the 971025 snapshot.

  Quartic