Re: [gtk-list] Wish list?

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Edwin Young wrote:

> What do people think gtk needs most urgently at the moment? Things I've
> heard mentioned:
>
> [...]
>
> 3) A Gui-builder  (I've gotten quite fond of SpecTcl lately).
>    Probably a lot of work to get right, though. It could be a lot easier
>    if it could be built on top of (say) a Python layer.
>
> Is anyone doing any of this stuff, or thinking of doing it in the future?

yup ;), i'm currently working on a gui builder named Gubi.
so far it supports the following widget types

        GB_WIDGET_DRAWING_AREA,
        GB_WIDGET_ENTRY,
        GB_WIDGET_PROGRESS_BAR,
        GB_WIDGET_H_RULER,
        GB_WIDGET_V_RULER,
        GB_WIDGET_H_SCALE,
        GB_WIDGET_V_SCALE,
        GB_WIDGET_H_SEPARATOR,
        GB_WIDGET_V_SEPARATOR,
        GB_WIDGET_ARROW,
        GB_WIDGET_LABEL,
        GB_WIDGET_H_BOX,
        GB_WIDGET_V_BOX,
        GB_WIDGET_BUTTON,
        GB_WIDGET_CHECK_BUTTON,
        GB_WIDGET_RADIO_BUTTON,
        GB_WIDGET_TOGGLE_BUTTON,
        GB_WIDGET_LIST,
        GB_WIDGET_SCROLLED_WINDOW,
        GB_WIDGET_TABLE,
        GB_WIDGET_FRAME,
        GB_WIDGET_LIST_ITEM,
        GB_WIDGET_WINDOW and
        GB_WIDGET_FILE_SELECTION.

support for automatic signal connexions on a per widget basis is in the
works, as well as keyed object data assignment.

currently Gubi is able to put out a static tree description in c-source.
and for a first test Gubi's own UI is created with Gubi itself (yep, i had
some bad hen-eg problem at the beginning ;).

if someone feels a suicidal tendency to take a look at the current state,
you are free to do so at ftp://ftp.isys.net/pub/Linux/X11/gubi/.

there is only one thing left to please you:
so far i didn't get Gubi to segfault anymore, if you come across such
behaviour please report it in detail, as if you don't, i'm not able to
reproduce it and therefore i can't fix it. ;)

---
ciaoTJ

Tim.Janik@Hamburg.Netsurf.DE	[signature: <CENS||ED>]