New projects

Greetings!  I am totally new to X-Wiindow programming, but faily
fluent in generic C.  I want to write a text indexing/searching
program, and am considering GTK from the positive reports I've heard
thus far and its GPL licensing.

My question: I need some honest advice about whether the man hours
required for me to get up to speed with GTK are justified given the
sparse GTK documentation, the state of flux of the routines, and the
alternate widget sets available.

Can anyone share their thoughts with me here?

Keep up the good work on this project!
--
cmaguire@enhanced.com				      Camm Maguire
"The earth is one country, and mankind its citizens."  Baha'u'llah