Re: [gtk-list] Re: Yet more gtk tutorial

Ian Main <slow@intergate.bc.ca> writes:

> My biggest thing with formatting it is having to learn another markup
> language.  I'd rather put my time into writing than into learning how to
> make it look nice.

To some extent, you could just do what seems right.  Things like
<EMPH> this is important </EMPH> and

<EXAMPLE>
  Here's some code
</EXAMPLE>

This will get you most of the way there.  Then either someone can
write a DTD that fits your chosen style, or without too much hassle,
someone who knows Linuxdoc can go back and use perl/sed/whatever to
change your tags into compatible ones.  There would have to be some
hand-tweaking, but much of it could be automatic.  I do agree that you
<emph> absolutely </emph> shouldn't be worried about how it will
<emph> look </emph> at this point.  Get the semantics right first.

--
Rob