Re: [gtk-list] Re: Yet more gtk tutorial

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Bawer Dagdeviren wrote:

> > > One thing that wasn't on your list but would be nice if the tutorial would
> > > cover is how to make your own custom widgets..
> >
> > Yep, anything else anyone wants to add feel free.. I was thinking we
> > should have a more advanced section on signals too, but I thought this
> > would be a big enough list as it is :)
>
> Seriously it seems like this tut is becommnig HUGE. And in order not to
> feel left out of the format-discussion I would like to suggest that we
> indeed use sgml and use the "Linuxdoc system" DTD. This way it will be
> easier to read even when it's huge and it will have a more standardized
> look (it will look like the Linux HOWTO's).
> Peace.

I agree.  I'm just more concerned about content than formatting.  I'll
finish off the menu tutorial and then do the idle/IO/timeout stuff and
then look into formatting.  There's still some stuff that needs polishing,
but that can be done later too.

My biggest thing with formatting it is having to learn another markup
language.  I'd rather put my time into writing than into learning how to
make it look nice.

Ian