Formatting (was Re: Yet more gtk tutorial)

On 30 Jul 1997, Rob Browning wrote:

> Ian Main <slow@intergate.bc.ca> writes:
>
> > My biggest thing with formatting it is having to learn another markup
> > language.  I'd rather put my time into writing than into learning how to
> > make it look nice.
>
> To some extent, you could just do what seems right.  Things like
> <EMPH> this is important </EMPH> and
>
> <EXAMPLE>
>   Here's some code
> </EXAMPLE>
>
> This will get you most of the way there.  Then either someone can
> write a DTD that fits your chosen style, or without too much hassle,
> someone who knows Linuxdoc can go back and use perl/sed/whatever to
> change your tags into compatible ones.  There would have to be some
> hand-tweaking, but much of it could be automatic.  I do agree that you
> <emph> absolutely </emph> shouldn't be worried about how it will
> <emph> look </emph> at this point.  Get the semantics right first.

This I could handle.. maybe if someone takes what I've done so far and
converts it, I probly wouldn't have a hard time figuring out how the
formatting works.

Since I've never really used anything like this (cept html of course) if
someone could convert it ( heh :), and then tell me what I need to do to
get things done, that'd be great.

I'll post my changes again in 4 hours or so.. hopefully I be able to get
something more done today besides just fixing old stuff.

Ian