Re: gtk C++ signals/slots

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Tero Pulkkinen wrote:

> the web page has example of signal/slot implementation using templates.
>
> IMHO its much cleaner than the 'defines in gtk--. At least the code
> using it looks like C++ code.
>
> ( http://www.cs.tut.fi/~p150650/sigslot.html )

I've read and understood your implementation and I like it. But I fail to
see how you would cleanly implement it as a gtk wrapper mechanism over
the original gtk signal stuff.

Is this what you intend to do? or are you intending to actually re-write
the gtk in C++ implementing these new features? (not as difficult as it
sounds, since the gtk is object oriented anyway)

Either way I'd be interested in helping you - I've a fairly solid 3
year C++ grounding (including STL).

cheers,

Phil.

  Phil Dawes