Re: Documentation (was Re: Creating objects in gtk+ ??)

On 28 Jul 1997, Rob Browning wrote:

> Bawer Dagdeviren <chamele0n@geocities.com> writes:
>
> > I should write a tutorial!". Do you think that there would be a need
> > for one? Certainly all who have been using gtk for a while know how
> > menus work, but as I said: I found it pretty complicated at the
> > beginning, so I figured since I'm not THAT retarded someone else
> > could need a tut. =)
>
> Ideally, the best thing would be if people could write docs that could
> be folded into the stuff in the doc directory -- basically just
> submitting things that fill in the empty entries.
>
> A menu tutorial could go under the heading for the menu widget.  Of
> course I guess that relies on someone being willing to take the
> submissions and fold them in, and I don't know if the authors have
> time for that.

Hmm.. I would be willing to do this.  If you have any additions to any
documentation, send it to me and I'll include it in the existing docs.
(that is if someone else doesn't want the job... speak up now or forever
hold your peace :-)

Oh, just make sure the subject is good and clear cause I get A LOT of mail
daily, and most days I just don't feel like reading it all, so I go by
the subject.

Ian