[gtk-list] Re: gtktext (gtk+970606)

From: "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm@redhat.com>
Subject: [gtk-list] Re: gtktext (gtk+970606)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:23:28 -0400

> >1. I cannot change background color on the text widget.
>
> That's because a text widget is a lightweight widget that does not
> have a window associated with it.  It draws on its parent.  This means
> that you need to put the text widget in some other widget and change
> the other widget's background color to do this.

I see. thanks you.

> >2. I cannot clean a displayed text to show new text on
> >   the text widget.
>
> I don't understand quite what you are saying, so I'll not try to
> answer this one.  Could you possibly restate?

Sorry. I have tried again.

I display text file on text widget by useing gtk_text_insert()
like a bellow.

void
file_selection_ok(widget, fs)
GtkWidget *widget;
GtkWidget *fs;
{
    unsigned char *buf;

    buf = get_file(gtk_file_selection_get_filename(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fs)));
    gtk_widget_destroy(fs);

    gtk_text_insert(GTK_TEXT (text), NULL, &text->style->black,NULL,
                     buf, -1);
    gtk_text_thaw(GTK_TEXT (text));
}

After diplaying a text file, I reopen file sellection window
(gtkfilesel widget) from menu to display a new text file by
calling file_sellection_ok(). So, The _new_ text should add
to the _old_ text on text widget. I want to avoid this by
removing the _old_ text from text widget.

Could I make my state understand to you ?

---
HIDEKI